Saturday, March 10, 2007

First Trip to New York

We got back on Wednesday from our first trip to New York to visit her aunts, uncles, cousins, east coast friends and grandparents. It was a great success. We had brunch with my friends, enjoyed a visit to the MOMA and saw a movie (our first in the theater since Selby was born). My mother hosted a brunch for the family and her friends on Sunday. Selby was pulled, pushed and passed around like a joint at a Grateful Dead concert. Little Jamie, the youngest of all the cousins, was particularly interested in Selby -- holding her, touching her, etc. Honestly, I think she thought she was a doll. I would ask her "Jamie, whose baby is that?" and she would answer "Mine!" My dad was concerned that Jamie was going to stalk her.




Also, my parents were AMAZING babysitters. Tom and I went on our very first date since Selby was born. And then went on antoher one. We had a romantic dinner followed by live music. And the next night we had dinner with my sister and her husband (FYI, ALWAYS ask the price of a special before you order it. Or you might get stuck with a 4lb $90 lobster) and saw the bway musical Spring Awakening. A great, but exhausting, trip. Selby was just pooped!


1 comment:

Debu's Blog said...

Hi, Selby's mom,

After Selby's birth....I know your hapiness has no bounds...I think u touch ur fingers to sky and tom too...which has no limits...I know what is the happy moments of our kids !!!. God bless her and ur family to grow with more happiness...If u and your family plan to visit india...go through my blog which is First Phase...I also waiting for ur valuable comments on the same to upgrade it which has helpfull to the outside persons and families.

http://qualitytale.blogspot.com &
heep://indiaonwheel.blogspot.com

Regards,


Aniruddha Deodhar