Monday, May 18, 2009

Pull Out the Pullups

Two sort of related stories about Selby this week. First off, she was all about the potty and pullups earlier in the week. For some reason she decided that she did not want to wear diapers anymore. She insisted on underwear, which she wet within seconds. I convinced her to try pullups (not that she was ready for these either since she has yet to do her business in the potty) since I thought this would be better than pissing on herself all day (or worse!). She was all about sitting on her new Dora potty, at home and school (I bought one for school because she often says "my potty is at home" ... not realizing all potties will work for her) and wearing pullups (still not doing anything of note in the potty...although at school they think she did at least once). But by the end of the week she seemed content to go back to diapers (which we insisted she wear at night) and lost interest in the potty. Oh well. Seems like we're not as close as I thought. My mom claims that I was not potty-trained until I was three (I don't believe her).

Second story involves her reading preferences (the stories are related only because Tom claims she reads on the potty like my someone, who will go unmentioned, in my family). She is very into the New Yorker! I'm serious! She asks for it by name, although she pronounces it "Newkia", and then browses each issue looking for the comics, which she discusses in detail. "Him not wearing a shirt!" or "She's closing the door!"

Here we are at a party this weekend wearing her favorite Jamie dress and new glasses (I'm in the photo, too, btw). She did not seem to mind that she was the only child there. The other photo is of her reading -- what else -- the New Yorker!




No comments: