Friday, January 13, 2012

Science Experiment Success

I wish I had photos of Selby's science experiment but I was too busy helping her to take any. But watching her put it all together was soooo adorable and, fortunately, a success. It's surreal to see her grow as a student, as well as a little girl. She's now able to do simple addition and subtraction and we just got her these first reader Bob books, which she reads TO US. It's amazing to watch her sound out the words, and to see her self-satisfied smile when she figures it out and finishes a book (granted the books are about five pages). My other favorite Selby thing these days is listening to her sing The Lion King. She's learning a lot of the songs by heart, which I'm not allowed to sing with her in the car. "No singing Mama!"

Here she is with one of her favorite holiday gifts (a matching pajama set for her and her American Girl Baby).

No comments: