Monday, April 22, 2013

Staycation


We just finished Selby's spring break and for the first time in a long time we did a staycation. I have to say, I was SO happy not to be getting on a plane with Savannah and Selby (well, mostly Savannah).  It was really fun to hang locally. And Selby LOVED it, but then again she's happy doing pretty much anything. "Mommy, I'm having too much fun!" was a common refrain this week. Playdates and movies and more playdates and rice crispie treats and lazy relaxed mornings. We did take a two day trip to the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs but other than that we just stayed put. The Broadmoor, btw, was pretty spectacular. We watched the movie "Parental Guidance" while Savannah slept soundly in the closet. I don't want to ruin the movie for you in case you plan to watch it, but there was a certain song that Selby and I have been singing pretty frequently every since I looked up the words on the Internet. It starts like this: "Come out, come out Mr. Doody!" I think that's pretty much all you need to know.

Tom took off for a boys backpack adventure in southern Utah so it was just me and the girls for the last four days. I'm always anxious when I know he's going to be away for a few days but everything turned out pretty great. Savannah was giggly and good natured, even as we explored some Boulder playgrounds on only a 30 minute nap. Selby was her usual easy going happy self. Even though I'm happy that Tom is coming home tonight, I'm a little sad that our girl time is coming to an end. Just a little. I know everyone does it -- raises two kids -- but I'm always so happy when things are relatively easy with them. And it's just going to get easier, right? (Please say yes).

Here's Selby and Savannah brushing their teeth this morning. Selby counted 29 teeth in her mouth yesterday. Savannah has 8.





No comments: