Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pool Time

Summer is here and it is hot! Selby has declared that she wants to swim as much as possible, which makes me happy. THe more confident of a swimmer she is the more I can enjoy my time by water. The first time I took Selby and Savannah to Skyline on my own was quite stressful. Savannah was pretty squirmy, confident that she didn't need me to hang on to her in the pool. I swore I wouldn't return to a body of water with her without a floaty that I could stick her in. I ran to Target the next day to get the perfect flotation device for the slippery little thing, complete with shade. I thought I had figured out the solution to a relaxing afternoon at the pool with both girls, one daughter who could swim on her own and one who just thought she could.

When we next visited Skyline, I happily plunked Savannah in her new floaty and jumped with her and Selby. She was happy as a crab -- for a about 60 seconds. Then she tried to climb out. So now I was back to holding her again. We quickly moved to the baby pool. We tried another floating donated by my mother in law. She was happy in that one for a about 15 minutes. It's going to be a long summer. Tom and I are on the market for a flotation device that has a 5-point harness. But, both girls do look absolutely adorable in their new bathing suits that Grandma bought.







No comments: