Monday, May 9, 2011

Mama's Day

Before I describe our great mother's day, I have to brag about Selby grasping a concept about age. We were in the car talking about Emerson's birthday...

Selby: He's going to be 5 or 6, right?
Me: He'll be 5
Selby: So he's older than me, right? Because I'm going to be 4 1/2?
Me: Yes
Selby: So, when you had a baby in your belly, Emerson was already born, right?
Me: That's right! You are so smart!

It's a simple concept, but pretty cool that she put it together, right?

Mother's day was great, as expected. Brunch at the Kirk's, prepared by David, to order. Flowers from Tom and a bunch of gifts and cards from Selby. She sort of piled them in front of me in the middle of breakfast and then told me I couldn't open them until everyone was finished eating. Breakfast was followed by swimming with family and then a hike and dinner with Amy. I've said it before but I'll say it again...I really think Mother's Day needs to be more of a week.

Here's princess Selby from the Steele Street School Fair this weekend.

No comments: