Monday, June 13, 2011

The Graduate

Strangely enough, I didn't tear up at Selby's pre-k graduation. I smiled a lot and felt immense joy, but was not vaklempt. It did make me think, though, that I vaguely remember my pre-k, or nursery school (at is it was called back in the day) graduation. I remember sitting in a tiny chair with a little cap on. Johnny Biener was there. Jill Katz, too. It's really just a fleeting snippet of a memory, but it might have been my earliest one. So that means that the events in Selby's life going forward from now on might serve as her earliest memories. I guess Tom and I better not screw up from here on.

I just looked at my Hooks Lane Nursery School photo that someone posted on Facebook and remember most of those kids. Although I don't keep in touch with any of them, I do keep up with some of them via their parents or other mutual friends.

Who of the children in Selby's class will she still keep in touch with in grade school, high school and beyond? Here are some photos from her graduation and last day of school, and a group shot of my nursery school class. Try to find me.




No comments: