Monday, June 6, 2011

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain

Friday night, tired and not in the mood to go out, Selby and I had a girls night in. We watched one of my all time favorite movies, The Wizard of Oz. I pretty much never watch movies with Selby at home because her movie time is my free time, but on Friday I asked her "Do you know why I'm going to watch this movie with you?" Selby: "Because you're so tired?" Me: "No, because it's one of my favorite movies!" But Tom was working that night and she wasn't that far off. It was really a pleasure to share this cinema moment with her. The next morning when I went in her room, she pretended to be asleep, but was muttering "There's no place like home," with smirk on her face. It made me smile. I can't explain the feeling it brought me to watch this classic with her. It was very similar to the first time we listed to the CD Free to Be You and Me. Can't wait to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with her (the original, of course)!


No comments: